The Forest Academy

School logo

Parents  »  Raising a Concern

If you have a worry or concern about your child, we want to hear about it...
Parents are welcome to speak with their childs class teacher each day, but can also get in touch with our Family Support Workers - Miss Galley or Mrs Duffield. Call in to the school office and we wil put you in touch as soon as we can.

           Mrs Louise Duffield

           Miss Sue Galley
How to raise a concern or complaint

If you are concerned about your child, we encourage you to speak to your childs class teacher and allow them the opportunity to discuss the matter with you. If you remain unhappy, then you are of course welcome to escalate the concern to a more senior member of staff. Please contact the school office on 01226 284719. Forest office staff are happy to help you get through to the appropriate person. Your compaint will be treat as a matter of utmost importance and we aim to meet with you within the day as far as possible. If you are still not happy, then parents are asked to follow the procedure in the complaints policy.
If your concern is about the Principal, or you feel you need to take it to someone outside the school, contact the Chair of Governors, Mr Michael Sanderson, or the Local Authority Designated Officer. Please call Sam Corbett at Wellspring Academy Trust on 01226 720742 and she can help you get through to these proffesionals.

Pupil concerns

Our pupils are encouraged to raise concerns they may have with an adult in school or with their parent/ carer. As a school we provide regular prompts and reminders through assemblies and through the curriculum.
Please click below to read a copy of The Forest Academy complaints policy: